Saturday, September 23, 2017

Life of Pi





⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Directed by: Ang Lee
Written by: David Magee (screenplay)

      I...I just don't know where to start I mean this film?? Its off the scales spectacular. The main reason I suppose I'm just now seeing it is because when it came out, I kind of avoided best film nominated pictures like the plague. Why? I guess you could say I thought they were all talky, boring meaning less drivel. Between then and now I've seen countless nominated films and now I know how misguided I was. Though I don't believe all are Oscar worthy, this film was.
The color grading and the visuals left me in awe, wonder & pure longing for more of this. More creativity, more astonishing cinematography, more cinema that takes you on an escape to beyond. Ang Lee did some amazing work on this, and best director, best visuals, best cinematography was well deserved they earned it. Phenomenal job, really I cannot be more in love with this film.
However, I don't want to take away from the actual story which was magical and so well written. It has persuaded me to read the novel, I want to know this story in and out. As all book to films go, I'm sure they left some out and I'm excited to read what I couldn't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...