Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Quiet Place




⭐⭐⭐⭐

Directed by: John Krasinski
Written by: John Krasinski · Bryan Woods · Scott Beck
Gross Revenue: $154 mil






    Let's hear it for (Jim) I mean John Krasinski! This was a tense nail-biter that honestly took me by surprise and knocked me off my feet.  Let me say first that I am not that fond of the coveted horror genre. I can do without the gore and the sheer predictability of it all.  However, this movie was more so not about the monsters themselves but about the family and their ability to stay alive which I love. 

     If it was all about the ugly creatures I surely wouldn't have been so impressed. Which yes, I was as well as so many others astonished by this exceptional story and the execution of it. John has done an amazing job with this fantastic soundscape for the eyes. It takes a massive amount of skill to capture a film such as this.  From the body language to the facial expressions to the intensity of the environment. It all had me vibrating with anxiety. It is rare that I find myself yelling in my head at the characters in a thriller such as this, but I was. 

     It was one of those "skin of your teeth" movies and I enjoyed every bit of it. I found myself wanting to talk for them all and to just scream in terror for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...