Friday, September 29, 2017

Baby Driver

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Directed by: Edgar Wright
Written by: Edgar Wright
Gross Revenue: $224 mil

      


        This movie is absolutely amazing! I love baby so much and the originality of the film is so refreshing in a world of reboots. I crave for something new, untouched & fresh. Baby driver is definitely a re-watch for me Edgar Write has done it again. As with all his movies this one will be a classic, he hasn't failed me yet. This was so well written and executed with finesse I no longer see too often & its just not fair.

        This movie reminded me of a time when  we would be in awe by the sheer brilliance of something we had never seen before. When the mainstream box office wasnt choking on big budgets and the next big CBM. When filmmakers weren't afraid to think outside the box and render their own ideas onsceen. Movies made in the good Ol' days of cinema pushed the bounds of our imagination and it was astonishing. If you want something beyond the usual flicks, well you've gotta dig through the indie world.  I shall reiterate it is not fair.

       Baby driver gave me something I missed. It gave me nostalgia almost for the old film industry and how they took risks and didn't care about common interest. This movie is not a movie for everyone  but they promoted it as such and it did pretty well. The soundtrack? Oh dont even get me started on how perfect that was. I had no issue with the casting Jon Hamm was an astounding antagonist. 

        My only quip was the dialogue between baby and Deborah it was a tad awkward. Other than that I completely and utterly fell in love with Baby driver. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...