Monday, March 12, 2018

Thor: Ragnarok


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Directed by; Taika Watiti
Written by: Eric Pearson, Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost
Gross Revenue: $315,034,967
WW Gross: $802,233,599

       Jaw dropped and wig snatched folks!! Taika Waititi just resuscitated this lifeless, dead to the world franchise and brought it back to life. Words are escaping me at the moment, Thor: Ragnarok was so good it's stolen my passion for expression...I'm all choked up on pure joy. I typically wait for the dust to settle to view a big Budget CBM. Don't ask me why it's just how I tick. Now, as I was saying ....or trying to say, THIS IS WHAT A CBM SHOULD FEEL AND LOOK LIKE. This is how you set the bar, this is why Marvel is far superior to the "other guys". From beginning to end it served up all the goods, from Directing, witty fun dialogue, flawless and I mean flawless visuals that make me wanna kiss everyone on the CGI team! It was all so beautiful, I'm talking a rose dipped in 24 kt gold and sprinkled with diamonds beautiful.
    

       If you like the melancholic, dark, abrasive, slow cinematic experience then please, stay far away from Ragnarok, because you'd be getting none of that. Tears literally were welling in my eyes, I was so very pleased with this Thor and yet so very saddened. I feel, manhandled, short-changed, frickin robbed!!! This is the Thor we should have been gifted with long ago! Nope, what'd we get?A boring, bloated, lengthy origin film, and crawling half dead dumpster fire called Dark World. Why, oh why, give me the best Thor I've ever witnessed in the last solo installment?? Cold world, cold, cold world.
     

There were so many good elements in this movie. Mmm Thor, Hulk holding a legitimate conversation, Jeff Goldblum as himself, the witty banter, Thor with no hammer, Thor with no hair and Korg...I severely wanted more of him!! Oh, and let's not forget that sexy little fight bit in the last act! I think thaaaatsss about it......oh right LOKI, he's flipped flopped more than a pair of Nike slides worn by Usain Bolt. However, I'm willing to get over it as long as I get to keep seeing his beautiful face!


     I just am so very pleased with this movie, there isn't a word big enough that describes my feelings at the moment. I'm not someone who lives and breathes for the next superhero movie, but Marvel sure knows how to make a girl sweat. I'm so anxious to see infinity war now, my bones are vibrating!! If this is the kind of delivery they've committed to I'm so in for the next 20 movies they've got in the slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...