Monday, October 9, 2017

American Made



⭐⭐⭐⭐

Directed b\y: Doug Liman
Written by: Gary Spinelli
Gross Revenue: $80 mil


Isn't it great seeing Tom Cruise in something other than mission impossible?? (the mummy aside) His onscreen charisma just doesn't fade, I mean he can put people in seats just to hear him speak. This was one crazy almost unbelievable turn of events that I don't think you could possibly make up. Though I am sure this film only scratched the surface on what "truly" took place between Barry and his multiple dark dealings. However, I enjoyed it immensely and Doug Liman did an okay job in capturing this off the wall recount of events. Whoever this Gary Spenelli is I dig his writing just a bit, it wasn't a masterpiece but it did flow in a very appealing way.

I find that this was more of the Tom Cruise we haven't seen in a long time. Even though this was a good movie he still carried it on his back, as he does with most other movies he stars in.  Now I am not complaining about that, unlike most I'm not ashamed to say I love Tom cruise, I have since The Firm. Hes the man with the magnetic charm and 1000 dollar smile that will sell ticket no matter what the movie is about. Is this flick worth 5 stars? No, but it I feel 4 is generous enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...