Friday, October 6, 2017

(Official Trailer) Pacific Rim 2 Uprising


I loved the first Pacific Rim I've seen it about 7 times and it never gets old. This sequel is something I wasn't all too happy about seeming as there was no Guillermo at the helm or Charlie Hunnam on screen but now seeing the trailer I can honestly say I am thrilled. Lets not take away the fact that John Boyega who I am coming to enjoy more and more is headlining this new Jaeger crew. Along side him is Scott Eastwood, who is proving hes more than just a pretty face. The cast isn't too shabby especially since they kept charlie Day, who is always a treat to watch...for me at least.  

I am such a sucker for these kinds of movies I mean transformers and CBM'S are the stuff dreams are made of. I know its not art and it's no "best picture" nomination, but it is escapism in its rawest form and that's what brought me to film in the first place. A little reminder, there is no Guillermo in on this so it wont have his finesse or style. Its directed by Steven S. DeKnight,  if it doesn't ring any bells that's because he's virtually unknown. He's directed episodes for Smallville, Angel and Buffy the vampire slayer,  I know most of those are making some of you cringe with fear. However,  I watched each and every one of those shows from the pilot to the series finale and they are not that bad. He also did some work on Starz's Spartecus which I've never seen.  


I'm a little nervous on the execution, seeming as they have a FIVE MAN WRITTING TEAM...yes you heard that right. Five, and you know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen. Anyway, without further interruption with my constant blabbering, here is the very awesome and well scored Pacific Rim Uprising trailer...ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...