Sunday, December 24, 2017

Bright




⭐⭐⭐
Directed by: David Ayer
Written by: Max Landis


This was by far the most anticipated movie on Netflix for me since, well.....ever. At no other time have I said "hay, oh man I wanna see that Netflix movie, I cant wait." that is until now. I wont sit here and flat out lie and say Will Smith isn't what initially sold me on it because at first it was. However, as I started mulling over the plot I began to get more and more excited. After the first initial watch Iiked it, then after the second, I loved it!! The whole idea of Orcs, Elves and magic is such a soft spot for me, there is no way I could not fall in love with it. Then for extra magnificent measure they set it in modern day which I love way more than a period piece set in the dark ages. It adds to it's realism and edge, it seems like something not qute so unbelievable and I think it worked beautifully.




       The only, and I mean only weak link which isn't even consistent is the dialogue. It was a little pestering but as I said that wasn't even consistent, at times the dialogue was pretty good. Max Landis did alright, however I don't know where he got the idea this script would be his "Star Wars".I have no quarrels with the story it self and I'm very anxious to see how it all unfolds, seeming as Bright  is being pinned a Netflix franchise. People have been chatting about the whole wand thing, "well why could the cop hold it and the other guy blew up?" Well, if most were actually paying attention which I hope they were, when Montehugh was being interrogated he explained when someone touches the wand with their BARE hand they explode. He said nothing about if it's gloved or covered by fabric of some sort. I have no issues with the story, why on earth would they give everything away in the first film? Why would they provide all the answers? They need a vehicle for the upcoming films and I'm okay with that.

    David Ayer is THE man, I loved Suicide Squad and I love his style!! How can you not feel his movies with the amount of realism and grit he adds to them? How can you hate on the man who wrote and directed Training Day??  I will watch this over and over again, that's how much I liked it.  You cannot go wrong with orcs, guns and magic!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...