Sunday, December 17, 2017

Justice League





🌟🌟

Directed by: Zack Snyder
Written by: Joss Whedon, Zack Snyder
Gross Revenue: $634 mil



    In a perfect world the DCEU would be everything I've ever wanted and more. The movies would be the stuff that hopes and dreams are made of. However, this isn't a perfect world, in fact the DCEU is what pure blood drenched nightmares are made of. It seemed to be a Batman vs Superman man lite in the opening. Then, it was followed up with an all too rushed character round up, only to sputter to a hault with the all too weak Villainous battle.

   


        Before I continue let me say I did not come at this with any expectations seeming as I'm not a true DC fan. However from a movie point of view I thought I was going to legitimately enjoy it. I didn't go into this with a biased attitude being I love marvel. I would really love to enjoy a DCEU movie, seriously I'd love for them to be on the same level as marvel. That just never seems to happen, I haven't been entertained by a DC film since the watchmen. Not saying they all don't have elements I enjoy.

      For instance the best part of the movie was Auquamans cornball lines and Barry's awkward humor. I'd love to see a Flash movie and I'm excited for Auquaman, he had a more commanding on screen presence. More so than Superman whom of which was as always, quite boring and well, batman is Ben Affleck....nuff said. The visuals were good, if you like made for TV effects. I've seen better CGI in a Netflix series.



    Like I've stated, in a perfect world I wouldn't have to say all this. However, for some reason they just can't seem to pull a good movie off in this day in age. WW aside because that is a whole different monster, I believe it was only successful due to where society is at  in terms of gender equality. Not, because it was a good film. Anyway, I may be making a mistake by having high hopes for Auquaman, but I can't help it. I like his delivery, as bad as his one liners were his presence is electric.  Maybe the next JL will be everything we wanted and then some, at least that's what I'm gonna pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...