Friday, December 8, 2017

The Mountain Between Us


🌟🌟

Directed by: Hany Abu-Assad
Written by: Chris Weitz - J. Mills Goodloe
Gross revenue: $54.7 mil

Charismatic, the term cannot be any less relevant when you're dealing with Idris Elba & Kate Winslet. I love these two as separate beings, but when they come together my lort it was like a spark ignited. The mountain between us takes two very normal people and throws them into a survivalist type of situation. Now I'm all for snow and the elements, but I feel that's all this movie had going for itself. Kate & Idris ? Phenom....as usual, story??? Not so much.  Being based off of the Novel written by Charles Martin, I'm almost entirely sure - though I've never read it - this film didn't do it justice.

This movie had a 2 man writing team, and not one could shell out a decent plot?? One of which, Chris Weitz who's been behind, Star Wars: Rouge One, The Golden Comapss and About a Boy should have been able to help with the dull romance.  Given how much I like Idris and Kate this movie deserves 2 stars and a half star simply because I loved the idea of those two in an on screen romance.

The unrealistic story line from the very beginning rubbed me entirely wrong. Then the whole "cmon" factor never crossed, it was was one mistake after another and besides their cute flirty banter, I wasn't really thrilled about it. I wasn't bored watching it so it wasn't awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...