Monday, November 13, 2017

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

 


⭐⭐⭐


Directed by: Matthew Vaughn
Written by: Matthew Vaughn & Jane Goldman
Gross Revenue: $310 mil






     I'm so upset that I have to write this review, because I am a huge Kingsman fan and I still watch the first one at least twice a month. Sad, is the only word I can to describe how I'm feeling at this moment. Seriously, when I say I was excited for this movie I mean it. I had the Kingsman as my wallpaper for a good 2 months. I am not going to sugar coat it, I went in with extremely high expectations and that was my mistake. I wanted to fall in love with this as much as I did the first but oh man, that so didn't happen. Who knows w what happened with Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman, they wrote such an amazing story the first time it was close to perfect. The dialogue was great and the story? Even better, the golden circle seems like it was written by someone else, it didn't have the same energetic feel the first had.

     For one, the promotion made it seem like the new cast was going to be incredible and that wasn't the case. Channing Tatum could have been a non mention cameo, hell Jeff Bridges  was seen all of maybe three times and Halle Barry? Well she sat the entire film. Not to mention, in my opinion eggsy got diluted, he wasn't as bad ass as he was in the first and harry? We all know how disappointing that was. The villain was horribly weak, and I love Julianne Moore, but that was not a good choice for an antagonist role. Elton John had more of a part than any of the newly promoted cast members!!! The one saving grace this movie had was the unbelievably  amazing fight scenes that you come to expect with a Kingsman movie.


     The last and final pet peeve I have with the movie is the ending, that was a hot dumpster fire and I absolutely loathed it....... A wedding??? Really Matthew Vaughn? And Merlin, was that necessary???!!! I know it seems I hated it judging by my complaints but I didn't hate it, I was.......amused by it. I really, really hope the next (if it happens) is better than this huge misstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...