Monday, November 27, 2017

Murder on The Orient Express


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Directed by:  Kenneth Branagh
Written by: Michael Green
Gross Revenue:  $196 mil

From beginning to end this was spectacular. From the dialogue, to the off train shots, to the cinematography. I am deeply in love with a magnificent period piece, Murder on The Orient Express was no exception. The cast was phenomenal and I've never read the novel, but it felt like a good mystery book on screen. I just loved it, it had a feel to it that made it seem more classic than modern and that was a good treat.

I am not understanding the whole "boring" bit, its a mystery not a action/suspense/ thriller I never once got that vibe from the trailers. There's no way anyone should have went into this with any type of action or thrill seeking expectations. Looking at the trailers would let you know straight off, thats not what this was about. You ever played the game Clue?? Yea, its kinda like that....

I need more of this, more art, more depth, for some crazy reason the filmmaking industry are scared of films like this. The box office wants nothing to do with them, everyone is so concerned with the next dollar made and daily numbers. The mainstream film world is congested with the next big CBM or  the next cinematic universe. When did become we so concerned with  the tone of a film rather than what it made us feel?? I love big budgets just as much as the next person, but films like Murder on The Orient Express really makes my passion for cinema burn. For a film that was released between thor & justice league I believe it didn't do too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...