Friday, January 5, 2018

Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri

 



⭐⭐⭐⭐


Directed by: Martin McDonagh
Written by: Martin McDonagh
Gross Revenue: $24.6 mil




   

  Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri was something that took me by amazing surprise. Besides the name i knew nothing of it, I hadn't even looked at the trailer. I know what a shame on me because I could have been in cinema bliss a long time ago. Let me just get this out of the way now, Frances McDormand is in a league of her own folks, she walked on that set and stole every single spotlight and made it hers. I've never been a Mcdormand fan per say but I believe I am slowly becoming one. She's a tour de freaking force, it seems every role she plays it is MEANT for her. Seriously, each of her roles fit like a latex bodysuit three sizes too small. She without a doubt brings every character to life in a way that many actors try to do but cannot execute. She is getting better and better with age. I know now that if the cast includes Frances I am more than certain I will love the movie, simply because of her. She well deserves every award she wins.



The movie itself is on a whole other level of greatness, its a dramedy in every sense of the word which is my 4th favorite genre. It punches you in the gut with subject matter that are tough to deal with and at all times more uncomfortable to watch. However,  when you want to see a mama raising hell over her deceased daughter due to her prolonged unsolved murder, this would and should be your first choice. Everything about it is fantastic though abrasive at times it's a must see. To be totally honest, i'm not familiar with  Martin McDonagh and his work at all, I know of hIs fIlms but i've never seen one. This, however has me second guessing my decision on never seeing In Bruges.



Not only was his direction spot on and very impressive, the writing was impeccable. Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, whom of which won a globe for his Earth shattering performance. The cast alone made this movie an excellent experience, which made me proud to be a film fanatic. Though as I said it’s rough around the edges but it’s real, in a very dark comedic way. It grabs at your heart strings and sends a message that's incredibly hard to ignkre. Film, is very subjective I know, just because I love dark, twisted, humor shrouded in turmoil doesn't mean everyone will. That fact aside I beg you, if you haven't seen it pay yourself the honor of seeing it at least once. You may just like it and if you don't well that's okay to

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...