Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Darjeeling Limited

    



⭐⭐⭐⭐

Directed by: Wes Anderson
Written by: Wes Anderson, Jason Schwartzman, Roman Coppola
Gross Revenue: $35 mil





         Last year I made a vow that I'd see ever Wes Anderson movie ever made and I'm still at it. Every time I go into one of his movies I say "oh my gosh what if I don't like it?" I say this only because I've yet to see one I haven't enjoyed. He has a way of bringing every environment to life in a way I don't see anywhere else. His vision is unmatched, it's something I am very happy to say I am addicted to and will be anticipating from now on. I feel like, I missed out on great in theater experiences that I could have witnessed if I wasn't such a mainstream junkie. However, as the saying goes, "you know better you do better" 

     I knew I was in for a treat by just reading the description of The Darjeeling Limited. The moment I saw the trailer I said    "yep, okay I'm gonna watch it and oh lort I hope I like it" and of course I fell in love with it. Only Wes can capture the tight quarters of a train and make it into something so magical. Each shot was beautifully done and well executed. Death! Is all the rage in Wes's films but its done so elegantly and so lighthearted you find a peace in that person passing rather than sadness. The message he gives is very direct but not in a preachy, in your face way which I love.


     I often envy those who flawlessly create dialogue that is both witty, fresh and amazing. Somehow Anderson does it every time and I am just in awe of his literary skills. Words, just words can leave me unable to blink when watching his films, I never want to miss one sentence, one word, one syllable . The comedy is always so awkward, strange a little dark by oh man is it remarkable. I often find myself wanting Wes humor in other films and I'm sure that's weird but I admire his writing that much. Its always a cut above and something that wont ever be replicated.
    
 

Adrian Brody, Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman  are Andersons golden boys and I have zero complaints about that and I love them all individually. So, this was a treat for me because the brotherly dynamic was so well done, the chemistry was through the roof. Alone, well they were as always perfect in the most awkward way. Only Wes Anderson can make this cast as astonishing as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quiet Place

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Directed by:  John Krasinski Written by:  John Krasinski  ·  Bryan Woods  ·  Scott Beck Gross Revenue: $154 mil  ...